In the competitive eCommerce landscape, many businesses are fighting
to stay ahead, implementing new functionality and brilliant scalable platforms
to bolster their website and power their online store.
With the Magento 1 end of life (EOL) date creeping ever closer,
users have less than a year to migrate to the new and improved version: Magento
2. In this article, we will be sharing our first-hand experience of Magento 2, helping
your business make an informed platform decision.
upgrade to Magento 2?
Magento is a leader in
eCommerce software, trusted by small, mid-size and enterprise-level brands across
the globe to grow their business. Powering over 250,000 websites since its
launch in 2007, there’s a reason why this platform is recognised as industry-leading
in open commerce innovation.
Magento 2 has been designed with the future of eCommerce in
mind. With an active community of more than 300,000
Magento developers, routine platform updates and additional features are
implemented every few months.
If you’re a current Magento 1 user, you need to be considering
your migration now. Magento 2 holds a whole host of improvements to its
predecessor including improved functionality, ongoing support and additional
eCommerce features. Let’s break down the benefits a little further.
the benefits of switching to Magento 2?
It would be impossible to list all of the improvements within Magento 2, instead, we’ve listed some of the most impactful features that will benefit your eCommerce site:
As we know, page speed is a key factor of user retention and creating a positive user experience. Page load speed has massively improved with Magento 2 (on average 20% faster than Magento 1), surpassing the industry expectations in this category.
New and improved admin dashboard
Magento 2 doesn’t just think about the end-user, it also considers the developers and regular internal users. The admin navigation and dashboard have undergone a facelift creating a simpler, cleaner and easier to use internal system that ensures you always have the control.
Merchants are given the support and freedom to scale their business while using Magento 2, making it an effective long-term option that can handle the high levels of traffic to your rapidly growing eCommerce business.
There are now over 2,000 features and extensions available for Magento 2 within the Magento Marketplace that are easier to install and use than ever before.
Customer Experience Improvements:
Magento simply makes eCommerce better and more enjoyable to use. The following improvements that come with Magento 2 make shopping faster and simpler for users:
- Streamlined checkout: The checkout system has been overhauled creating a more efficient, faster process that reduces complications and helps to improve conversion rates.
- Increased payment gateways: Further integration with payment gateways such as PayPal and Braintree have improved the payment process. Extensions are no longer required and there is no need to enter longer details such as the billing address as this is now handled by the gateway.
- Simplified registration: Some welcome changes have occurred by linking the checkout to registration. These include making the checkout available for guests without registration, identification for already registered users and allowing registration after the checkout process has been completed.
- Mobile-friendly: The way we interact with websites has evolved; it’s now crucial for businesses to have a mobile-first website that is optimised for mobile devices. Supporting adherence to important Google updates, Magento 2 has made it imperative to offer a high-quality mobile experience, this is particularly noticeable with the release of their PWA Studio.
Pinpoint and Magento
It’s simple, we love Magento. As an Official Magento Solutions Partner, we have extensive experience and specialist knowledge of the platform. From design and UX to development, integration and strategy; we offer a suite of services aimed at delivering outstanding eCommerce solutions. We also provide ongoing Magento support to ensure you always get the most from your website.
There are already 30,000 live Magento 2 sites and it remains
the number one re-platform choice among eCommerce stores. Talk to us to find out
more about the benefits of switching to Magento 2 and how
to prepare for your upgrade.